EPS 150/200/250/500 Flooring
S and B EPS 150, 200, 250, 500 flooring grade is recommended when high floor loadings are likely to be encountered in commercial applications and is suitable for use with either a solid or suspended ground floor and will meet the current building regulation U value requirements.
The product is CFC and HCFC free lightweight closed cell material which is easy to install. It has a high insulation value and allows for rapid dry construction methods to be used in new or renovated dwellings and is available in either square edge.
- S and B EPS flooring offers excellent thermal performance providing savings in energy costs and higher comfort levels in buildings.
- Maintains its thermal efficiency throughout the life of a building.
- Highly cost effective floors.
- Rapid construction: no specialised equipment or trades required.
- Saves up to a week in building time when used in an all-dry system with flooring grade chipboard.
- Can be used under screeds, chipboard, in heated slabs and below suspended slabs.
- Available in a variety of thicknesses.
- Non-toxic, non-irritant, moisture resistant, easy to cut and fix.
- Green guide A+ rating
S and B EPS 150/200/250/500 as standard for use under chipboard and under screeds to insulate all commercial ground floors.
Standard board sizes 2400 x 1200 thickness 25, 40, 50, 60, 75, 80, 90 and 100mm with non-standard sizes supplied to order.
S and B EPS flooring is moisture resistant and rot proof and is unaffected by bacteria, fungi or molds. It is non toxic and odourless and provides no nutrients for insects or vermin.
S and B EPS flooring is compatible with timber, cement, concrete, brick masonry and mortars. It is compatible with bitumen based membranes but should not be used with membranes based on coal tar pitches.
Plasticised PVC electrical cables can react with EPS when in direct contact. This reaction does not affect the performance of the EPS or the insulation properties of the cables. However it is recommended that PVC cables be run in conduit wherever possible.
S and B EPS flooring is manufactured from expanded polystyrene conforming to BSEN 13163.